Group Internal Controls Manager
Salary: £65,000 - £73,000 + Car + bonus + benefits
Location: Sheffield / London
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: GA80932
A high profile construction group located in Sheffield and London require a Group Internal Controls Manager to support the Group Financial Controller in the design and implementation of the Group's newly developed Key Controls Framework. In order to achieve and maintain a strong control environment across the Group and its operating companies. The Group Controls Manager also deputises for the Group Financial Controller on control and process matters.
The role specific responsibilities will include:
- Support the effective roll out and implementation of our Key Controls Framework, providing guidance and support across the Group as the key subject lead and promoting good practice;
- Maintain the framework documentation and processes;
- Support development of relevant guidance and policy with Group and OpCo stakeholders;
- Co-ordinate the OpCo self-certification process;
- Implement and deliver a programme of periodic testing of the self-certification and the operational and financial controls;
- Co-ordinate the collation and track the delivery of the controls improvement plans in each OpCo and at Group;
- As appropriate, support the remediation of OpCo or Group controls;
- Ensure high quality reporting on the control environment, including the bi-annual reporting to the Group Board and Group Audit Committee;
- Working with Internal Audit and external auditors to ensure our Key Controls Framework meets the needs of the business and ensures an efficient external audit process; and
Skills & Experience
- A Big 4, ACA qualified with strong experience of internal controls / SOX controls specialist work in a multinational environment.
- Proven ability to identify and implement smarter tools to improve visibility around the Key Controls Framework of the Group and the progress of the individual operating companies against their control improvement plans;
- Develop certain Group wide policies and procedures, driving consistency across the Group; and
- Provide a point of reference for controls/process excellence across a fragmented and inconsistent business.
- Ability to present information clearly, confidently and concisely, and will have an excellent eye for detail.
- Strong project management as well as excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and change and have strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to work across different countries and cultures.
If you possess the key skills and experience and are looking to develop and progress your audit career with a renowned global organisation based, please do apply with your CV details.
Return to Search Results