Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + car
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: 18-00394
A market leading, Automotive organisation require a Home Based Internal Auditor to provide independent assurance on risk, control and governance to the Executive Board & Audit Committee. This will provide assurance that the business is operating in a controlled and ethical manner, meeting all legal and regulatory requirements.
As an Internal Auditor, your role will be to hold the business and the finance team to account, and act as the compliance ‘eyes and ears’ of the Executive Board & Audit Committee. Responsibilities include:
- Delivering a programme of financial and operational audits throughout the organisation as part of a risk based audit approach and produce detailed audit reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Participating in meetings and audit updates, you'll enjoy the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience, and make an important contribution to the business, whilst developing the skills needed to progress to more senior roles.
- Planning, conducting and concluding internal audit work including operational audits, financial audits, development of risk governance, and some special Investigations work;
- Liaison with external auditors;
- Supporting the senior management team.
Skills & Experience
- Part Qualified / Qualified Accountant or Auditor with proven accounting and audit experience.
- Automotive sector or Dealership experience.
- A solid understanding of audit procedures and methodology.
- A solid understanding of GAAP (IFRS and UK GAAP).
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Gravitas and confidence to handle challenging situations with senior management. Excellent spoken and written communication skills are a must as well as the potential to influence decisions at all levels to really make a difference to our business.
- The position is a Home Based role with a full EU driving licence.
- There will be up to 50% travel required in this role to Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire ans Surrey.
This is an outstanding home based internal audit position with a market leading Automotive organisation offering excellent career promotion opportunities, for further information please do apply with your full CV details.