Financial Controls Business Partner
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + bonus + benefits
Location: Surrey / West Sussex
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: C&I - Blue Chip - FTSE 100
Job Reference: GA0383
A market leading FTSE 100 organisation located in Surrey require a Financial Controls Business Partner to improve the control environment across this progressive, complex and diverse group. Working as part of a team you will deliver the rollout of a group-wide internationally-accepted enterprise risk management framework, the COSO framework.
The position requires 30-40% European travel and additional German, French or Spanish language skills are required. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Performing an annual programme of balance sheet and financial control reviews at businesses to ensure that balance sheets are correct.
- Supporting businesses to ensure the COSO minimum controls are in place, operating effectively and appropriately evidenced. At larger businesses, test the operation of critical controls and/or review testing performed by the local teams as part of the overall COSO monitoring framework.
- Conducting desktop financial reviews / prepare and analyse KPIs for smaller business units.
- Assisting the preparation of reports to senior management detailing work conducted and results found from the balance sheet and financial controls review programme and control checklist response verifications.
Skills & Experience
- A qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA) or auditor (IIA / CIA) possessing experience in internal or external audit.
- Strong current technical accounting skills (IFRS, UK GAAP, etc).
- Ability to develop strong relationships across the organisation and maintain credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Second language desirable (Spanish, French, German preferred)
- Experience of change projects and / or ability to operate in highly fluid environment.
- Good project and time management skills; able to complete tasks to challenging deadlines.
- IT systems knowledge / experience desirable
This exciting opportunity offers the potential for career progression within the Group and to be part of a highly regarded and experienced Financial Controls team. For further information and to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.