Compliance Specialist - Prudential
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: GA74367
An market leading and highly prestigious Insurance organisation based in Reigate, Surrey require a Prudential Compliance Specialist to make a significant contribution to the effectiveness of the Compliance function through ensuring that compliance aspects of all prudential and Solvency II requirements are understood and implemented. Working within the regulatory risk appetite defined by the relevant Boards, you will work pro-actively within the Group to promote best practice with the aim of reducing regulatory risks.Role Responsibilities
- Supporting the continued embedding of the Group’s internal model and ongoing capital management, including the monitoring of compliance with the PRA’s Rulebook, Solvency II Directive and supporting Standards and Guidance.
- Providing support to the business in the development of Solvency II documentation that meets internal documentation standards and the requirements of the Solvency II Directive.
- Providing consultancy support and technical expertise on prudential regulation issues and corporate developments to assist the business in achieving its objectives and to ensure compliance with current and known future legislation and best practice.
- Assisting the Prudential Oversight Manager to develop and facilitate relationships with each Business area, in order to embed the overall understanding of compliance and governance policies.
- Prudential / Solvency II experience gained in a compliance or risk management environment.
- Proven track record in financial services compliance.
- Objectivity and strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Solution orientated.
- Influencing skills and tenacity.
- Ability to negotiate internally and externally.
- IT literate, including in the use of Microsoft Office software, in particular, Word and Excel at more than a basic level and with some experience as a user of SharePoint.
- Familiarity with Solvency II regulatory texts and the related PRA Rulebook requirements.
If you possess the key skills and experience and are looking to develop and progress your compliance career with an industry leading Insurance organisation based in Surrey, please do apply with your CV details.