Senior Internal Auditor
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: GA9932
A renowned market leading organisation located in Surrey require a Senior Internal Auditor to deliver end to end audits, including the more specialist and strategic deliverables of the Plan, and include work in developing the Internal Audit approach and strategy to ensure it remains aligned to the development of the Group’s needs. The Senior Internal Auditor will take significant responsibility for the auditing of business goals and performance objectives, and for assessing the impact of a variety of economic, financial and management decisions in reporting to the Board the appropriateness of the business’s control framework.
The organisation offer an environment geared towards developing its workforce and providing the required training to on the job mentoring. The large size and structure of the audit team offers a variety of opportunities for promotion.
- Performing a range of risk-based internal audit assignments of varying size and complexity including the planning, testing, reporting and delivery.
- To accurately and effectively ascertain the reliability of information systems, processes and controls examined (input, processing and output) and ensure that all examined comply with relevant regulations, accounting principles, appropriate financial controls, and established company policies and procedures.
- To be proactive in supporting the business in the development of their current control framework to maximise its effectiveness in a cost efficient way. Additionally, the individual will look at developing wider controls that supports the business in managing more strategic and thematic risks.
- To be responsible for the further engagement and development of the business in relation to Group Internal Audit and its strategy. This job holder will make a significant contribution to embedding Internal Audit principles further within the business.
- To use knowledge and experience to identify and develop new and innovative auditing processes to improve the efficiency of the Group Internal Audit function’s working practices and ensure it continues to meet good practice against IIA standards.
Skills & experience
- Advanced knowledge of risk-based internal audit life-cycle and procedures, and an understanding of the requirements set out in the IIA’s Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Significant experience in leading and performing financial, operational and strategic risk based internal audits
- Good knowledge of an audit methodology that follows a strong controls based testing approach.
- Strong grounding in delivering operational audits across a breadth of areas.
- Inquisitive nature and ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to establish, maintain and manage effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the business, whilst continuing to maintain independence and objectivity.
There are many career progressive opportunities with this meritocratic organisation either within the large internal audit team, the business or compliance / risk functions.
If you possess the key skills and experience and are looking to develop and progress your audit career with a renowned market leading organisation based in Surrey, please do apply with your CV details.