Internal Audit Manager
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 + 15% Bonus + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: GA0383
Our rapidly growing market leading organisation located in Surrey require an Internal Audit Manager to lead a team of 5 internal auditors deliver the annual internal audit plan. The Internal Audit Manager will be involved with all audits across the business including operational, financial, strategic and regulatory.
This position offers limitless scope for growth either within a large internal audit team (to Senior Manager level) or by moving into the business within this highly acquisitive and expanding organisation.
- Leading a team of auditors to ensure the timely completion of the annual Group Internal Audit Plan. This will include audit delivery of specialist, thematic, complex and strategic deliverables within the Plan, along with oversight, challenge and quality management of the audits assigned to the wider Audit team.
- To proactively identify areas where risk is outside of the business ‘appetite’ levels and make value adding recommendations to Management to address weaknesses.
- To use their broad knowledge and experience of Auditing and risk based internal audit methodologies to provide a robust review and challenge across all audits and provide a clear direction to ensure all audits are undertaken in line with Group methodology and that maximum value is achieved.
- To be responsible for the management of two key Internal Audit tools (MKI and SharePoint), this will include the management, administration and enhancement.
- To be proactive in supporting the business in the development of their current control framework to maximise its effectiveness in a cost efficient way. Additionally, the individual will look at developing wider controls that supports the business in managing more strategic and thematic risks e.g. financial crime.
- To use knowledge and experience to identify and develop new and innovative auditing processes to improve the efficiency of the Group Internal Audit function’s working practices and ensure it continues to meet good practice against IIA standards.
- To aid the Senior Manager in delivering ad-hoc value adding controls assurance work to the business, Board, Audit Committee and Executive Management such as due diligence reports, and controls input on regulatory and business projects.
- To be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager team in the effective management of Operational Risks within the functional to the agreed risk appetites of the business.
Skills & Experience
- An advanced knowledge of risk-based Internal Audit procedures, including planning, techniques, testing and sampling methods and an understanding of the requirements set out in the IIA’s Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Demonstrable experience in performing and leading internal audits.
- This post is suitable for a Senior Internal Auditor making a first move into a managerial position or for an individual already possessing managerial experience.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to establish, maintain and manage effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the business, whilst continuing to maintain independence and objectivity.
- Ambitious, self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong and demonstrable Leadership and Influencing skills.
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills with the ability to be able to influence at all levels.
- Takes wider business and commercial issues into account; advocates the value of control in a pragmatic way, demonstrates flexibility, realism and practicality.
This is an outstanding opportunity to rapidly progress your internal audit career with a market leading organisation who display high ethical standards and strong importance in developing their staff to reach their potential. A rare Internal Audit Manager position providing growth opportunities to Senior Manager or into the business. For further information and to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.